Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Make An Easy Chocolate Pie

I believe that for a chocolate lover, like me, that nothing tastes better for something sweet to eat than a Hershey bar with almonds, or a dessert than a piece of good chocolate pie.

To me this recipe makes the best chocolate pie and is the easiest to make. All you have to do is dump everything in a pot and cook until it is thick, pour it in a baked crust, put it in the refrigerator a while to let it cool, and here I just put whipped cream on it and put it back in the refrigerator or you can beat the egg whites and top it with that if you want. Pretty easy, huh?


Ingredients

1 cup sugar
3 heaping Tbs. flour
4 Tbs. cocoa
2 cups sweet milk (I use 2%)
1 stick margarine
3 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla
3 egg whites
3 Tbs. sugar
1 baked pie crust

Directions

Mix dry ingredients. Add milk and egg yolks which have been beaten together. Add butter and cook until thick. Add vanilla. Pour into baked pie crust.

Beat three egg whites until stiff. Add 3 Tbs. sugar and beat unil meringue stands in peaks. Spread on pie and brown under broiler. Refrigerate 3-6 hours.

I have had my share of chocolate pies, but this one is the best I have tasted so far. My mother was an absolutely wonderful cook, but she did not bake nor make desserts, but if she had, I think her chocolate pie would have tasted just like this.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment